Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Under the bridge


I was really uncomfortable with the thought of making a landscape piece. I never really enjoyed drawing things other than creatures and humans. I had struggled to find a "place that I've been" until I went through some old photos and found a picture of under a bride I took in Maryland. I decided to do that landscape because I feel like I could pull in some elements I'm more comfortable with, and make the landscape a part of my concentration. For this piece I used pen and watercolor, the two mediums I feel I am best at. I used many different patterns and techniques with the pen, because I wanted to challenge my skill. I chose a blueish palette for this painting because I feel like watercolors look best with softer tones. My favorite part about this is the forest beyond the bridge. I like how even though its such a small area to draw in, you can still feel like theres a deep forest past the bridge. I'm really happy with how this piece turned out. I don't think it's amazing, or the best thing I've ever done, but I'm satisfied with how it turned out considering I didn't know how to do landscapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment