Tuesday, January 13, 2015

scribble fist


This drawing was more of an experiment for me, but I really like how it turned out. I wanted to see what pen and ink would look like on a canvas. It turned out to be really interesting, and the ink bled into the watercolor which helped me add more contrast to the fist. I'll probably never do something like this again because I ruined my pen, but that's okay, kind of. I really enjoy mixing blues and purples with water color, I feel it really sets a tone and the colors just work so well together. I feel like this drawing wasn't very out of the box, but I'm still happy with how it turned out. I tried a new scribble technique for shading and I really like how that looks, I don't really like how the background turned out, but I had made such a mess painting I had to find some way to fix it. I don't this this project is amazing, but I tried new things and some worked, some didn't, but I'm happy

No comments:

Post a Comment