Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Reilly



For the pet portrait I drew my dog as a puppy. I'm really happy with how this drawing turned out. I don't really think of realistic drawings as my concentration, but I find it really relaxing to just draw from a picture. I feel like I did my best with this drawing. I kept the background white to show the contrast against my dog. I added brown accents because this project was also a gift for my mother, and I know she likes collage-type drawings. I feel like I should have been more patient with drawing the stuffed animal, but I didnt really know how to draw something white and keep it from turning grey. I mainly used a tortillian for the unicorn because I feel like the soft textures would match the fabric. This drawing was somewhat difficult because the picture I had taken was very dark, I had no way of telling where the light hit on the bottom part of the dogs mouth. I think it looks find though, some parts could be better, but overall I think I did a good job with this drawing. I probably wont do realistic pet portraits again, but I feel like this helped me find new techniques for drawing in pencil.

No comments:

Post a Comment