Thursday, June 5, 2014

Mixed Medias


Like always, this project was rushed, but I liked how it turned out. At first I was not excited at all to do this, I had no inspiration and nothing seemed to be working. After taking a day off (goofing around and not doing my work) I decided to use my strongest mediums and to go on from there. I really like the idea of fantasies and fairies, so I started off by drawing something I've drawn since I was 10. I added some buttons and flowers, put some cut outs in the hair and now I have this mess of random objects and horrible value. What took me the longest on this piece was the hair. I had to constantly draw lines and add value to show where the items were coming out of, and it made me confused a lot. I didn't like this project until the very end, when I said "screw it" and just slapped on a bunch of paint in a rainbow pattern 5 minutes before class ended. It was extremely rushed but it ended up being one of my favorite pieces. I think if I took my time on this it would have been my best piece so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment